Tuesday 15 April 1958
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Matt Reid and Dolores Gordon-Smith.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to Tequila by The Champs.
In UK Whole Lotta Woman by Marvin Rainwater was in the top 5 hits.
The Long, Hot Summer, directed by Martin Ritt, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1958
while Anatomy Of A Murder by Robert Traver was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 April 1958!
Which were the important events of 15 April 1958 ?
- Major League Baseball celebrates "Jackie Robinson Day" each April 15 in all MLB ballparks.
- Saint Paternus
- Saint Petrus Gonzalez
- In the United States, April 15 is the official deadline for filing tax returns: all forms mailed to the IRS must be postmarked no later than this day, so many post offices across the country stay open until midnight to accommodate procrastinators (or those who owe tax and want to wait as late as possible to pay). (If this day falls on the weekend, as in 2006, the following Monday becomes the deadline. Additionally in 2006, Patriot's Day moved the tax deadline to Tuesday, April 18, for those in
- Father Damien Day ? celebrated annually in Hawai'i.
- Arirang Festival is held in North Korea to commemorate Kim Il-sung's birth.
- Saint Hunna.
- Saint Basilissa
- Blessed Waltman of Antwerp
- Ancient Latvia ? Tipsa Diena was observed.
- Roman Empire ? the Fordicia was celebrated in honor of Terra.
- Matt Reid: Rock keyboardist (Berlin-Takes Your Breathe Away).
- Dolores Gordon-Smith: British writer.
- Noni ?oannidou: Greek fashion model and actress.
- Ian Bernard: American entrepreneur and coffee house owner.
- Keith Acton: Canadian ice hockey player and coach.
- Abu Hamza al-Masri : Egyptian-English criminal
- Noni Ioannidou: Greek model and actress
- Memos Ioannou: Greek basketball player and coach
- Robert Smith: 3rd Baronet Scottish politician
- Benjamin Zephaniah: English actor author poet and playwright
- Estelle Taylor: Dies at 64.
- 10th Emmy Awards: Gunsmoke, Robert Young and Jane Wyatt
- 1st baseball game in California, SF Giants beat LA Dodgers, 8-0
- In Hollywood, California, the 10th Annual Emmy Awards are presented, hosted by Danny Thomas. Best Comedy Series: The Phil Silvers Show
- Walter O'Malley's Los Angeles Dodgers host the first Major League Baseball game played on the West Coast of the United States.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1958 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Champs - Tequila
- Laurie London - He's Got The Whole World (In His Hands)
- Chuck Berry - Sweet Little Sixteen
- The Chordettes - Lollipop
- The Platters - Twilight Time
- Connie Francis - Who's Sorry Now
- The Monotones - Book Of Love
- Jerry Lee Lewis - Breathless
- Huey (Piano) Smith - Don't You Just Know It
- The McGuire Sisters - Sugartime
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?