Friday 15 April 1960
It was Friday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of April people in US were listening to The Theme From A Summer Place by Percy Faith.
In UK My Old Man's A Dustman by Lonnie Donegan was in the top 5 hits.
The Fugitive Kind, directed by Sidney Lumet, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1960
while Advise And Consent by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1960.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 April 1960!
Which were the important events of 15 April 1960 ?
- Major League Baseball celebrates "Jackie Robinson Day" each April 15 in all MLB ballparks.
- Saint Paternus
- Saint Petrus Gonzalez
- In the United States, April 15 is the official deadline for filing tax returns: all forms mailed to the IRS must be postmarked no later than this day, so many post offices across the country stay open until midnight to accommodate procrastinators (or those who owe tax and want to wait as late as possible to pay). (If this day falls on the weekend, as in 2006, the following Monday becomes the deadline. Additionally in 2006, Patriot's Day moved the tax deadline to Tuesday, April 18, for those in
- Father Damien Day ? celebrated annually in Hawai'i.
- Arirang Festival is held in North Korea to commemorate Kim Il-sung's birth.
- Saint Hunna.
- Saint Basilissa
- Blessed Waltman of Antwerp
- Ancient Latvia ? Tipsa Diena was observed.
- Roman Empire ? the Fordicia was celebrated in honor of Terra.
- HRH Prince Philippe: Duke of Brabant, heir to the Belgian throne.
- Marvin Clyde Goodwin in New Orleans: Louisiana, USA; murderer (FBI Most Wanted List).
- Philip: Belgian Prince / husband of Princess Paola.
- Pierre Aubry: Canadian ice hockey player.
- Susanne Bier: Danish director and screenwriter.
- Pedro Delgado: Spanish cyclist and sportscaster
- Tony Jones: English snooker player
- Philippe of: Philippe of Belgium
- Philippe : Belgium royalty, the first child of Prince Albert and Princess Paola. He married Princess Mathilde D'Udekem D'Acoz on 4 December 1999 and their first child, a daughter, the Crown Princess Elisabeth, was born 25 October 2001. Two boys followed, Prince Gabriel Baudouin Charles Marie born 20 August 2003 and Prince Emmanuel Léopold Guillaume François Marie, born 4 October 2005. Their fourth child and second daughter was born on 16 April 2008 at 4:50 AM in Brussels, named Princess Eléonore Fabiola Vi
- Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee (SNCC), organizes at Shaw University.
- At Shaw University in Raleigh, North Carolina, Ella Baker leads a conference that results in the creation of the Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee, one of the principal organizations of the African-American Civil Rights Movement in the 1960s.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1960 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Percy Faith - The Theme From A Summer Place
- Paul Anka - Puppy Love
- Jim Reeves - He'll Have To Go
- Bobby Rydell - Wild One
- The Brothers Four - Greenfields
- Brenda Lee - Sweet Nothin's
- Johnny Horton - Sink The Bismarck
- Connie Francis - Mama
- Marv Johnson - I Love The Way You Love
- Steve Lawrence - Footsteps
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?