Tuesday 15 April 1969
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of April people in US were listening to Aquarius/Let The Sunshine In (The Flesh Failures) by The 5th Dimension.
In UK The Israelites by Desmond Dekker & The Aces was in the top 5 hits.
Teorema, directed by Pier Paolo Pasolini, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1969
while The Salzburg Connection by Helen MacInnes was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 April 1969!
Which were the important events of 15 April 1969 ?
- Major League Baseball celebrates "Jackie Robinson Day" each April 15 in all MLB ballparks.
- Saint Paternus
- Saint Petrus Gonzalez
- In the United States, April 15 is the official deadline for filing tax returns: all forms mailed to the IRS must be postmarked no later than this day, so many post offices across the country stay open until midnight to accommodate procrastinators (or those who owe tax and want to wait as late as possible to pay). (If this day falls on the weekend, as in 2006, the following Monday becomes the deadline. Additionally in 2006, Patriot's Day moved the tax deadline to Tuesday, April 18, for those in
- Father Damien Day ? celebrated annually in Hawai'i.
- Arirang Festival is held in North Korea to commemorate Kim Il-sung's birth.
- Saint Hunna.
- Saint Basilissa
- Blessed Waltman of Antwerp
- Ancient Latvia ? Tipsa Diena was observed.
- Roman Empire ? the Fordicia was celebrated in honor of Terra.
- Ennis Cosby: American noted family, the son of Bill and Camille Cosby.
- Bruno Le Maire: French politician who served as the French Minister of Food, Agriculture and Fishing from 2009 to 2012.
- Mike Jones: American athlete, line backer whose rookie year in pro football was 1991.
- Jeromy Burnitz: American baseball player.
- Kaisa Roose: Estonian pianist and conductor.
- Jimmy Waite: Canadian-German ice hockey player and coach
- Phillippi Sparks: NFL cornerback (New York Giants).
- Chris Smith in Indianapolis: Indiana, USA; Nike golfer (1993 British Columbia Open-8th).
- Michael Jones NFL linebacker (Oakland Raiders: Saint Louis Rams).
- Jeromy Burnitz in Westminster: California, USA; outfielder (Cleveland Indians).
- Victoria Eugenie of Battenberg: Queen of Spain (Born 1887).
- North Korea shoots at US airplane above Japanese sea.
- The EC-121 shootdown incident: North Korea shoots down a United States Navy aircraft over the Sea of Japan, killing all 31 on board.
- British troops arrive in Northern Ireland to reinforce the Royal Ulster Constabulary.
- A grassroots movement of Berkeley community members seizes an empty lot owned by the University of California to begin the formation of ampquotPeople's Parkampquot.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1969 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The 5th Dimension - Aquarius/Let The Sunshine In (The Flesh Failures)
- Tommy Roe - Dizzy
- Blood, Sweat & Tears - You've Made Me So Very Happy
- The Cowsills - Hair
- The Isley Brothers - It's Your Thing
- The Zombies - Time Of The Season
- Jerry Butler - Only The Strong Survive
- Glen Campbell - Galveston
- Edwin Starr - Twenty-Five Miles
- Steppenwolf - Rock Me
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 15 April 1969 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?