Thursday 15 April 1971
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of April people in US were listening to Joy To The World by Three Dog Night.
In UK Hot Love by T Rex was in the top 5 hits.
Summer of '42, directed by Robert Mulligan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1971
while The Passions Of The Mind by Irving Stone was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1971.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 April 1971!
Which were the important events of 15 April 1971 ?
- Major League Baseball celebrates "Jackie Robinson Day" each April 15 in all MLB ballparks.
- Saint Paternus
- Saint Petrus Gonzalez
- In the United States, April 15 is the official deadline for filing tax returns: all forms mailed to the IRS must be postmarked no later than this day, so many post offices across the country stay open until midnight to accommodate procrastinators (or those who owe tax and want to wait as late as possible to pay). (If this day falls on the weekend, as in 2006, the following Monday becomes the deadline. Additionally in 2006, Patriot's Day moved the tax deadline to Tuesday, April 18, for those in
- Father Damien Day ? celebrated annually in Hawai'i.
- Arirang Festival is held in North Korea to commemorate Kim Il-sung's birth.
- Saint Hunna.
- Saint Basilissa
- Blessed Waltman of Antwerp
- Ancient Latvia ? Tipsa Diena was observed.
- Roman Empire ? the Fordicia was celebrated in honor of Terra.
- Kate Harbour: English voice actress.
- Katy Hill: British television presenter.
- Meelis Loit: Estonian fencer.
- Jason Sehorn: NFL cornerback / safety (New York Giants).
- Josia Thugwane: South African runner.
- Karl Turner: English lawyer and politician
- Guivi Sissaouri: Tbilisi, Georgia -- Freestyle wrestler (1996 Olympics - Silver Medalist)
- Rich McKenzie: NFL linebacker (Cleveland Browns).
- Tim Tindale: NFL running back (Buffalo Bills).
- Craig Whelihan: NFL quarterback (San Diego Chargers).
- Gurgen Boryan: Armenian poet and playwright (Born 1915).
- 70, Girls, 70 opens at Broadhurst Theater NYC for 35 performances
- 43rd Academy Awards - Patton, George C Scott and Glenda Jackson win.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1971 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Three Dog Night - Joy To The World
- Marvin Gaye - What's Going On
- The Temptations - Just My Imagination (Running Away With Me)
- Tom Jones - She's A Lady
- Paul McCartney - Another Day
- Ocean - Put Your Hand In The Hand
- Janis Joplin - Me And Bobby McGee
- The Partridge Family - Doesn't Somebody Want To Be Wanted
- Carpenters - For All We Know
- Brewer & Shipley - One Toke Over The Line
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?