Tuesday 15 April 1975
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican). In that special week of April people in US were listening to Philadelphia Freedom by Elton John.
In UK Bye Bye Baby by Bay City Rollers was in the top 5 hits.
Capone, directed by Steve Carver, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1975
while The Moneychangers by Arthur Hailey was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1975.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 April 1975!
Which were the important events of 15 April 1975 ?
- Major League Baseball celebrates "Jackie Robinson Day" each April 15 in all MLB ballparks.
- Saint Paternus
- Saint Petrus Gonzalez
- In the United States, April 15 is the official deadline for filing tax returns: all forms mailed to the IRS must be postmarked no later than this day, so many post offices across the country stay open until midnight to accommodate procrastinators (or those who owe tax and want to wait as late as possible to pay). (If this day falls on the weekend, as in 2006, the following Monday becomes the deadline. Additionally in 2006, Patriot's Day moved the tax deadline to Tuesday, April 18, for those in
- Father Damien Day ? celebrated annually in Hawai'i.
- Arirang Festival is held in North Korea to commemorate Kim Il-sung's birth.
- Saint Hunna.
- Saint Basilissa
- Blessed Waltman of Antwerp
- Ancient Latvia ? Tipsa Diena was observed.
- Roman Empire ? the Fordicia was celebrated in honor of Terra.
- Phil Labonte: American vocalist (All That Remains).
- Paul Dana: American race car driver (d. 2006).
- Philip Labonte: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (All That Remains and Shadows Fall).
- Sarah Teichmann: German-American biophysicist and immunologist.
- 1st appearance of San Diego Chicken
- Penguins 3-Isles 1 - Quarterfinals - Penguins hold 2-0 lead
- Gabon amends constitution.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1975 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Elton John - Philadelphia Freedom
- B.J. Thomas - (Hey Won't You Play) Another Somebody Done Somebody Wrong Song
- Minnie Riperton - Lovin' You
- Ringo Starr - No No Song
- Tony Orlando and Dawn - He Don't Love You (Like I Love You)
- Ben E. King - Supernatural Thing - Part I
- Sammy Johns - Chevy Van
- Barry White - What Am I Gonna Do With You
- Hot Chocolate - Emma
- Freddy Fender - Before The Next Teardrop Falls
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?