Tuesday 15 April 1980
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic). In that special week of April people in US were listening to Call Me by Blondie.
In UK Working My Way Back To You / Forgive Me Girl by The Detroit Spinners was in the top 5 hits.
The Tin Drum, directed by Volker Schlndorff, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1980
while The Bourne Identity by Robert Ludlum was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1980.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 April 1980!
Which were the important events of 15 April 1980 ?
- Major League Baseball celebrates "Jackie Robinson Day" each April 15 in all MLB ballparks.
- Saint Paternus
- Saint Petrus Gonzalez
- In the United States, April 15 is the official deadline for filing tax returns: all forms mailed to the IRS must be postmarked no later than this day, so many post offices across the country stay open until midnight to accommodate procrastinators (or those who owe tax and want to wait as late as possible to pay). (If this day falls on the weekend, as in 2006, the following Monday becomes the deadline. Additionally in 2006, Patriot's Day moved the tax deadline to Tuesday, April 18, for those in
- Father Damien Day ? celebrated annually in Hawai'i.
- Arirang Festival is held in North Korea to commemorate Kim Il-sung's birth.
- Saint Hunna.
- Saint Basilissa
- Blessed Waltman of Antwerp
- Ancient Latvia ? Tipsa Diena was observed.
- Roman Empire ? the Fordicia was celebrated in honor of Terra.
- Natalie Casey: British actress.
- Raul Lopez: Spanish basketball player.
- Victor Nunez: Costa Rican footballer.
- Frank Schleck: Luxembourgish professional cyclist.
- Carolina Crescentini: Italian actress, a graduate of the Centro Sperimentale di Cinematografia, and star of box office hit movie "Parlami d'amore," directed by Silvio Muccino.
- Dan Smith: Harmonica / gospel singer, dies at 83
- Patrick Carney: American drummer (The Black Keys The Rentals and Drummer)
- James Foster: English cricketer
- Michelle L'amour: American dancer
- Raül López: Spanish basketball player
- Willie Mason: Australian rugby league player
- Aida Mollenkamp: American chef and author
- Víctor Núñez: Costa Rican footballer
- Fränk Schleck: Luxembourger cyclist
- Billy Yates: American football player
- Libya and Syria recognize the Sahrawi Arab Democratic Republic (SADR).
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1980 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Blondie - Call Me
- Pink Floyd - Another Brick In The Wall (Part II)
- Christopher Cross - Ride Like The Wind
- Billy Preston - With You I'm Born Again
- Ray, Goodman & Brown - Special Lady
- Air Supply - Lost In Love
- Bob Seger - Fire Lake
- Eagles - I Can't Tell You Why
- Spinners - Working My Way Back To You/Forgive Me Girl (Medley)
- Michael Jackson - Off The Wall
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?