Wednesday 15 April 1981
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Andres D'Alessandro and Seth Wulsin.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to Kiss On My List by Daryl Hall & John Oates.
In UK Making Your Mind Up by Bucks Fizz was in the top 5 hits.
Excalibur, directed by John Boorman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1981
while The Covenant by James A. Michener was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Shin taketori monogatari: 1000-nen joô.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Arena of Octos or VIC Avenger.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1981.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 April 1981!
Which were the important events of 15 April 1981 ?
- Major League Baseball celebrates "Jackie Robinson Day" each April 15 in all MLB ballparks.
- Saint Paternus
- Saint Petrus Gonzalez
- In the United States, April 15 is the official deadline for filing tax returns: all forms mailed to the IRS must be postmarked no later than this day, so many post offices across the country stay open until midnight to accommodate procrastinators (or those who owe tax and want to wait as late as possible to pay). (If this day falls on the weekend, as in 2006, the following Monday becomes the deadline. Additionally in 2006, Patriot's Day moved the tax deadline to Tuesday, April 18, for those in
- Father Damien Day ? celebrated annually in Hawai'i.
- Arirang Festival is held in North Korea to commemorate Kim Il-sung's birth.
- Saint Hunna.
- Saint Basilissa
- Blessed Waltman of Antwerp
- Ancient Latvia ? Tipsa Diena was observed.
- Roman Empire ? the Fordicia was celebrated in honor of Terra.
- Andres D'Alessandro: Argentine football player.
- Seth Wulsin: American artist.
- Andrés D'Alessandro: Argentinian footballer.
- French Duynstee: Dutch states rights leader, dies at age 67.
- Janet Cooke says her Pulitzer award-winning 8-year-old heroin addict story is a lie; Washington Post relinquishes Pulitzer Prize on fabricated story.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1981 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Daryl Hall & John Oates - Kiss On My List
- Blondie - Rapture
- Sheena Easton - Morning Train (Nine To Five)
- Grover Washington Jr. - Just The Two Of Us
- John Lennon - Woman
- Juice Newton - Angel Of The Morning
- Steve Winwood - While You See A Chance
- Smokey Robinson - Being With You
- Styx - The Best Of Times
- The Police - Don't Stand So Close To Me
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?