Friday 15 April 1983
It was Friday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican). In that special week of April people in US were listening to Billie Jean by Michael Jackson.
In UK Let's Dance by David Bowie was in the top 5 hits.
Lone Wolf McQuade, directed by Steve Carver, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1983
while The Little Drummer Girl by John le Carré was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 April 1983!
Which were the important events of 15 April 1983 ?
- Major League Baseball celebrates "Jackie Robinson Day" each April 15 in all MLB ballparks.
- Saint Paternus
- Saint Petrus Gonzalez
- In the United States, April 15 is the official deadline for filing tax returns: all forms mailed to the IRS must be postmarked no later than this day, so many post offices across the country stay open until midnight to accommodate procrastinators (or those who owe tax and want to wait as late as possible to pay). (If this day falls on the weekend, as in 2006, the following Monday becomes the deadline. Additionally in 2006, Patriot's Day moved the tax deadline to Tuesday, April 18, for those in
- Father Damien Day ? celebrated annually in Hawai'i.
- Arirang Festival is held in North Korea to commemorate Kim Il-sung's birth.
- Saint Hunna.
- Saint Basilissa
- Blessed Waltman of Antwerp
- Ancient Latvia ? Tipsa Diena was observed.
- Roman Empire ? the Fordicia was celebrated in honor of Terra.
- Matt Cardle: British singer/songwriter.
- Steven Langton: American Olympic bobsledder, he was in the 2010 winter Olympics held in Vancouver, Canada.
- Blu : American rapper and producer (All City Chess Club).
- Alice Braga: Brazilian actress.
- Dudu Cearense: Brazilian footballer.
- Andreas Fransson: Swedish skier (d. 2014)
- Ilya Kovalchuk: Russian ice hockey player
- Bronson La'Cassie: Australian professional golfer
- Martin Pedersen: Danish professional cyclist
- Anthony Sedlak: Canadian chef and television host (d. 2012)
- Rangers 0-Isles 5 - Patrick Division Finals - Isles hold 2-0 lead
- Tokyo Disneyland opens in Urayasu, just outside Tokyo, Japan, operated by the Oriental Land Company under licence from Disney. It includes several themed areas: Adventureland, Fantasyland, Tomorrowland, Westernland, and World Bazaar.
- American Public Radio is founded.
- Tokyo Disneyland opens.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1983 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Michael Jackson - Billie Jean
- Michael Jackson - Beat It
- Dexys Midnight Runners - Come On Eileen
- Culture Club - Do You Really Want To Hurt Me
- Greg Kihn Band - Jeopardy
- Duran Duran - Hungry Like The Wolf
- Styx - Mr. Roboto
- After The Fire - Der Kommissar
- Daryl Hall & John Oates - One On One
- Journey - Separate Ways (Worlds Apart)
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 15 April 1983 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?