Tuesday 15 April 1997
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Bill Clinton (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Zoe Virant and Crawford Collins.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to Can't Nobody Hold Me Down by Puff Daddy.
In UK I Believe I Can Fly by R Kelly was in the top 5 hits.
Grosse Pointe Blank, directed by George Armitage, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1997
while The Partner by John Grisham was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Loriot.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Dark Colony or Egg Venture.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1997.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 April 1997!
Which were the important events of 15 April 1997 ?
- Major League Baseball celebrates "Jackie Robinson Day" each April 15 in all MLB ballparks.
- Saint Paternus
- Saint Petrus Gonzalez
- In the United States, April 15 is the official deadline for filing tax returns: all forms mailed to the IRS must be postmarked no later than this day, so many post offices across the country stay open until midnight to accommodate procrastinators (or those who owe tax and want to wait as late as possible to pay). (If this day falls on the weekend, as in 2006, the following Monday becomes the deadline. Additionally in 2006, Patriot's Day moved the tax deadline to Tuesday, April 18, for those in
- Father Damien Day ? celebrated annually in Hawai'i.
- Arirang Festival is held in North Korea to commemorate Kim Il-sung's birth.
- Saint Hunna.
- Saint Basilissa
- Blessed Waltman of Antwerp
- Ancient Latvia ? Tipsa Diena was observed.
- Roman Empire ? the Fordicia was celebrated in honor of Terra.
- Zoe Virant: American child of noted family, her father is John A. Virant, founder and owner of Zoe/Rounder recording studio.
- Crawford Collins: Vine Star.
- Benjamin : Pop Singer.
- Maisie Williams: TV Actress.
- America On Line, begins service in Japan
- Howard Stern Radio Show premieres in Charlotte NC on WXRC 95.7 FM
- Baseball honors Jackie Robinson by retiring #42 for all teams.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1997 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?