Sunday 15 April 2012
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of April people in US were listening to We Are Young by Fun..
Think Like a Man, directed by Tim Story, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2012
while The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2012.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 April 2012!
Which were the important events of 15 April 2012 ?
- Major League Baseball celebrates "Jackie Robinson Day" each April 15 in all MLB ballparks.
- Saint Paternus
- Saint Petrus Gonzalez
- In the United States, April 15 is the official deadline for filing tax returns: all forms mailed to the IRS must be postmarked no later than this day, so many post offices across the country stay open until midnight to accommodate procrastinators (or those who owe tax and want to wait as late as possible to pay). (If this day falls on the weekend, as in 2006, the following Monday becomes the deadline. Additionally in 2006, Patriot's Day moved the tax deadline to Tuesday, April 18, for those in
- Father Damien Day ? celebrated annually in Hawai'i.
- Arirang Festival is held in North Korea to commemorate Kim Il-sung's birth.
- Saint Hunna.
- Saint Basilissa
- Blessed Waltman of Antwerp
- Ancient Latvia ? Tipsa Diena was observed.
- Roman Empire ? the Fordicia was celebrated in honor of Terra.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 15 April
- 2011-2012 Syrian uprising:
- Clashes continue in Syria as United Nations observers are due to arrive in the country. (''Buenos Aires Herald'')
- The first members of a U.N. monitoring team arrive in Syria, while at least 23 people are reported killed in violence across Syria. (CNN)
- Heavily armed Taliban insurgents launch multiple coordinated militant attacks on the British, Russian and German embassies, NATO's headquarters, military bases and the Afghan parliament in central Kabul, Afghanistan, and other cities, including Jalalabad and Gardēz. (''The Daily Telegraph'')
- Nearly 400 Islamist militants escape from a prison in northwestern Pakistan after an attack by insurgents. (''Vanguard Nigeria'')
- 2012 South Sudan–Sudan border conflict:
- Sudanese warplanes bomb the border town of Heglig, seized by South Sudan last week. (Reuters)
- Events and ceremonies are held around the world marking the 100th anniversary of the sinking of the RMS ''Titanic''. ''(The Observer)''
- Russian Orthodox patriarch Kirill says the church is stronger than its critics after a series of scandals. (AFP)
- Spanish King Juan Carlos is criticised for going on a hunting trip to Botswana while his country is in an economic crisis. (''Mail Guardian'')
- China loosens controls on the yuan, allowing it to fluctuate up to 1% in trading against the United States dollar, up from 0.5%. (BBC)
- Across Europe, hundreds of activists are prevented by authorities from boarding flights bound for Tel Aviv as part of the Welcome to Palestine campaign. Hundreds of Israeli police officers are deployed at Israel's main airport to arrest any activists who manage to fly in. (''The Times of Israel'')
- The U.S. Secret Service announces it has put 11 agents on leave while it investigates alleged ampquotinappropriate conductampquot in Cartagena, Colombia, before the 6th Summit of the Americas there attended by U.S. President Barack Obama. It emerges that five soldiers are also facing investigation. (Associated Press via ''The Guardian'')
- In his first public speech, North Korean leader Kim Jong-un calls for a push towards ampquotfinal victoryampquot at a ceremony in Kim Il-sung Square in the capital Pyongyang. (Al Jazeera)
- Police in Swaziland detain at least seven activists on their way to a pro-democracy church service in the city of Manzini. (IOL)
- Belarus releases a second opposition leader amid pressure from the European Union. (UPI)
- Former Thai prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra plans an early return from exile. (''The Mainichi'')
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 2012 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Fun. - We Are Young
- Justin Bieber - Boyfriend
- Gotye - Somebody That I Used To Know
- The Wanted - Glad You Came
- Kelly Clarkson - Stronger (What Doesn't Kill You)
- Nicki Minaj - Starships
- Flo Rida - Wild Ones
- Katy Perry - Part Of Me
- One Direction - What Makes You Beautiful
- Carly Rae Jepsen - Call Me Maybe
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?