Tuesday 15 August 1922
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Lukas Foss [Fuchs] and Lukas Foss.
Blood and Sand, directed by Fred Niblo, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1922
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 August 1922!
Which were the important events of 15 August 1922 ?
- Hawaii ? Toro Nagashi (Floating Lantern Ceremony) to commemorate the end of the second world war
- Poland ? Polish Armed Forces Day
- Eastern Orthodoxy ? Feast of the Dormition of the Theotokos, the commemoration of the death of Mary, the mother of Jesus.
- RC Saints ? Feast day of the Assumption of Mary, the mother of Jesus, Holy Day of Obligation. Public Holiday in: Austria, Belgium, Cameroon, Chile, C(te d'Ivoire, Croatia, Cyprus, East Timor, France, Greece, India, Italy, Lebanon, Lithuania, Malta, Mauritius, Poland, Portugal, Seychelles, Slovenia and Spain.
- Acadie ? National Day
- Egypt ? Flooding of the Nile Day
- India ? Independence Day (from the United Kingdom, 1947)
- Korea ? Liberation Day
- Italy ? "Ferragosto", remembrance of an ancient Roman holiday in honor of Augustus (Feriae Augusti)
- Liechtenstein ? Liechtenstein Day
- Tuva ? Tuva Republic Day, Naadym
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Alipius
- St. Arnoul/Arnulphus
- St. MacCartin/Ard/Aed
- The Assumption of Mary - a holy day of obligation
- Ancient Latvia ? M?ras
- Lukas Foss [Fuchs]: Berlin, Germany -- Composer (Prairie).
- Lukas Foss: German-American wunderkind musician, a composer, conductor and pianist.
- Leonard Baskin: American sculptor and graphic artist (d. 2000).
- Giorgos Mouzakis: Greek trumpet player and composer (d. 2005).
- Sabino Barinaga: Spanish footballer and manager (d. 1988).
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1922 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- I Love Her-She Loves Me (I'm Her He-She's My She) - Eddie Cantor
- Romany Love - Ben Selvin & His Orchestra
- John McCormack - Somewhere
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?