Thursday 15 August 1935
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Crusades, directed by Cecil B. DeMille, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1935
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 August 1935!
Which were the important events of 15 August 1935 ?
- Hawaii ? Toro Nagashi (Floating Lantern Ceremony) to commemorate the end of the second world war
- Poland ? Polish Armed Forces Day
- Eastern Orthodoxy ? Feast of the Dormition of the Theotokos, the commemoration of the death of Mary, the mother of Jesus.
- RC Saints ? Feast day of the Assumption of Mary, the mother of Jesus, Holy Day of Obligation. Public Holiday in: Austria, Belgium, Cameroon, Chile, C(te d'Ivoire, Croatia, Cyprus, East Timor, France, Greece, India, Italy, Lebanon, Lithuania, Malta, Mauritius, Poland, Portugal, Seychelles, Slovenia and Spain.
- Acadie ? National Day
- Egypt ? Flooding of the Nile Day
- India ? Independence Day (from the United Kingdom, 1947)
- Korea ? Liberation Day
- Italy ? "Ferragosto", remembrance of an ancient Roman holiday in honor of Augustus (Feriae Augusti)
- Liechtenstein ? Liechtenstein Day
- Tuva ? Tuva Republic Day, Naadym
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Alipius
- St. Arnoul/Arnulphus
- St. MacCartin/Ard/Aed
- The Assumption of Mary - a holy day of obligation
- Ancient Latvia ? M?ras
- Abby Dalton in Las Vegas: Nevada, USA; actress (Joey Bishop Show).
- Vernon Jordan: American attorney, civil rights activist, self-made man and one of the key movers and shakers in Washington DC.
- Jim Dale: Rothwell, England -- Broadway actor (Barnum, My One & Only).
- Lionel Taylor: American football player and coach.
- Vernon Jordan Jr: American presidential advisor.
- Régine Deforges: French author, novelist, editor, writer of light erotic fiction; has had problems with censors over work they judge pornographic.
- Paul Signac: French painter who, with Georges Seurat, developed the technique called pointillism.
- Gerard Brucken Fock: Composer, dies at 75.
- Will Rogers and Wiley Post are killed after their aircraft develops engine problems during takeoff i: Alaska.
- Wiley Post: American pioneer aviator and mechanic.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 15 August 1935 and get them!