Sunday 15 August 1965
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of August people in US were listening to I Got You Babe by Sonny & Cher.
In UK Help! by The Beatles was in the top 5 hits.
Help!, directed by Richard Lester, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1965
while Up The Down Staircase by Bel Kaufman was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1965.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 August 1965!
Which were the important events of 15 August 1965 ?
- Hawaii ? Toro Nagashi (Floating Lantern Ceremony) to commemorate the end of the second world war
- Poland ? Polish Armed Forces Day
- Eastern Orthodoxy ? Feast of the Dormition of the Theotokos, the commemoration of the death of Mary, the mother of Jesus.
- RC Saints ? Feast day of the Assumption of Mary, the mother of Jesus, Holy Day of Obligation. Public Holiday in: Austria, Belgium, Cameroon, Chile, C(te d'Ivoire, Croatia, Cyprus, East Timor, France, Greece, India, Italy, Lebanon, Lithuania, Malta, Mauritius, Poland, Portugal, Seychelles, Slovenia and Spain.
- Acadie ? National Day
- Egypt ? Flooding of the Nile Day
- India ? Independence Day (from the United Kingdom, 1947)
- Korea ? Liberation Day
- Italy ? "Ferragosto", remembrance of an ancient Roman holiday in honor of Augustus (Feriae Augusti)
- Liechtenstein ? Liechtenstein Day
- Tuva ? Tuva Republic Day, Naadym
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Alipius
- St. Arnoul/Arnulphus
- St. MacCartin/Ard/Aed
- The Assumption of Mary - a holy day of obligation
- Ancient Latvia ? M?ras
- Jon Evans: Nottimgham, England -- Australasia golfer.
- Mark Labbett: TV Show Host.
- Rob Thomas: American author screenwriter and producer.
- 47th PGA Championship: Dave Marr shoots a 280 at Laurel Valley Golf Club - Pennsylvania
- Beatles play to 55,000 at Shea Stadium
- Japanese community of SF holds Masanori Murakami Day at Candlestick Park to honor 1st Japanese player to play in major leagues
- Mary Mills wins LPGA St. Louis Golf Open
- The Beatles play to nearly 60,000 fans at Shea Stadium in New York City, in an event later seen as marking the birth of stadium rock.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1965 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Sonny & Cher - I Got You Babe
- The Rolling Stones - (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction
- Gary Lewis and the Playboys - Save Your Heart For Me
- Herman's Hermits - I'm Henry VIII, I Am
- Tom Jones - What's New Pussycat
- The Righteous Brothers - Unchained Melody
- Four Tops - It's The Same Old Song
- Patty Duke - Don't Just Stand There
- The Beach Boys - California Girls
- Billy Joe Royal - Down In The Boondocks
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?