Tuesday 15 August 1972
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of August people in US were listening to Alone Again (Naturally) by Gilbert O'Sullivan.
In UK School's Out by Alice Cooper was in the top 5 hits.
And Now for Something Completely Different, directed by Ian MacNaughton, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1972
while Jonathan Livingston Seagull by Richard Bach was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1972.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 August 1972!
Which were the important events of 15 August 1972 ?
- Hawaii ? Toro Nagashi (Floating Lantern Ceremony) to commemorate the end of the second world war
- Poland ? Polish Armed Forces Day
- Eastern Orthodoxy ? Feast of the Dormition of the Theotokos, the commemoration of the death of Mary, the mother of Jesus.
- RC Saints ? Feast day of the Assumption of Mary, the mother of Jesus, Holy Day of Obligation. Public Holiday in: Austria, Belgium, Cameroon, Chile, C(te d'Ivoire, Croatia, Cyprus, East Timor, France, Greece, India, Italy, Lebanon, Lithuania, Malta, Mauritius, Poland, Portugal, Seychelles, Slovenia and Spain.
- Acadie ? National Day
- Egypt ? Flooding of the Nile Day
- India ? Independence Day (from the United Kingdom, 1947)
- Korea ? Liberation Day
- Italy ? "Ferragosto", remembrance of an ancient Roman holiday in honor of Augustus (Feriae Augusti)
- Liechtenstein ? Liechtenstein Day
- Tuva ? Tuva Republic Day, Naadym
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Alipius
- St. Arnoul/Arnulphus
- St. MacCartin/Ard/Aed
- The Assumption of Mary - a holy day of obligation
- Ancient Latvia ? M?ras
- Freddie Solomon: NFL wide receiver (Philadelphia Eagles).
- Jason Maniecki: Defensive tackle (Tampa Bay Buccaneers).
- Ken Walter: Punter (Carolina Panthers).
- Ben Affleck: American actor, an Academy Award winner on 3/23/1998 for the Best Original Screenplay of the film "Good Will Hunting.
- Jennifer Alexander: Canadian ballet dancer (Born 1972).
- Chris Morrissey: American film director/actor
- Matthew Wood: American voice actor and engineer
- Jill Vertes: Reality Star
- Alf Thorbald Hurum: Composer, dies at 89.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1972 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Gilbert O'Sullivan - Alone Again (Naturally)
- Looking Glass - Brandy (You're A Fine Girl)
- The Hollies - Long Cool Woman (In A Black Dress)
- Luther Ingram - (If Loving You Is Wrong) I Don't Want To Be Right
- Al Green - I'm Still In Love With You
- Roberta Flack - Where Is The Love
- Wayne Newton - Daddy Don't You Walk So Fast
- Argent - Hold Your Head Up
- Nilsson - Coconut
- Carpenters - Goodbye To Love
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?