Monday 15 August 1977
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Martin Biron and Igor Cassina.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Best Of My Love by The Emotions.
In UK Angelo by Brotherhood Of Man was in the top 5 hits.
The Kentucky Fried Movie, directed by John Landis, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1977
while The Thorn Birds by Colleen McCullough was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Making of James Bond - 007.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Blackjack or Triple Hunt.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1977.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 August 1977!
Which were the important events of 15 August 1977 ?
- Hawaii ? Toro Nagashi (Floating Lantern Ceremony) to commemorate the end of the second world war
- Poland ? Polish Armed Forces Day
- Eastern Orthodoxy ? Feast of the Dormition of the Theotokos, the commemoration of the death of Mary, the mother of Jesus.
- RC Saints ? Feast day of the Assumption of Mary, the mother of Jesus, Holy Day of Obligation. Public Holiday in: Austria, Belgium, Cameroon, Chile, C(te d'Ivoire, Croatia, Cyprus, East Timor, France, Greece, India, Italy, Lebanon, Lithuania, Malta, Mauritius, Poland, Portugal, Seychelles, Slovenia and Spain.
- Acadie ? National Day
- Egypt ? Flooding of the Nile Day
- India ? Independence Day (from the United Kingdom, 1947)
- Korea ? Liberation Day
- Italy ? "Ferragosto", remembrance of an ancient Roman holiday in honor of Augustus (Feriae Augusti)
- Liechtenstein ? Liechtenstein Day
- Tuva ? Tuva Republic Day, Naadym
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Alipius
- St. Arnoul/Arnulphus
- St. MacCartin/Ard/Aed
- The Assumption of Mary - a holy day of obligation
- Ancient Latvia ? M?ras
- Martin Biron: Canadian ice hockey goaltender.
- Igor Cassina: Italian gymnast.
- Nicole Paggi: American actress.
- Anthony Rocca: Australian footballer and coach.
- SS chief Kappler escapes from prison hospital in Rome
- The Big Ear, a radio telescope operated by Ohio State University as part of the SETI project, receives a radio signal from deep space; the event is named the ''Wow! signal'' from the notation made by a volunteer on the project.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1977 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Emotions - Best Of My Love
- Andy Gibb - I Just Want To Be Your Everything
- Rita Coolidge - (Your Love Has Lifted Me) Higher And Higher
- Peter Frampton - I'm In You
- Commodores - Easy
- Pablo Cruise - Whatcha Gonna Do?
- Peter McCann - Do You Wanna Make Love
- Crosby, Stills and Nash - Just A Song Before I Go
- Alice Cooper - You And Me
- Bay City Rollers - You Made Me Believe In Magic
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?