Tuesday 15 August 1978
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Kerri Walsh and Jennie Eisenhower.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Three Times A Lady by Commodores.
In UK You're The One That I Want by John Travolta & Olivia Newton-John was in the top 5 hits.
Piranha, directed by Joe Dante, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1978
On TV people were watching Spearhead.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Clowns or Tournament Table.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 August 1978!
Which were the important events of 15 August 1978 ?
- Hawaii ? Toro Nagashi (Floating Lantern Ceremony) to commemorate the end of the second world war
- Poland ? Polish Armed Forces Day
- Eastern Orthodoxy ? Feast of the Dormition of the Theotokos, the commemoration of the death of Mary, the mother of Jesus.
- RC Saints ? Feast day of the Assumption of Mary, the mother of Jesus, Holy Day of Obligation. Public Holiday in: Austria, Belgium, Cameroon, Chile, C(te d'Ivoire, Croatia, Cyprus, East Timor, France, Greece, India, Italy, Lebanon, Lithuania, Malta, Mauritius, Poland, Portugal, Seychelles, Slovenia and Spain.
- Acadie ? National Day
- Egypt ? Flooding of the Nile Day
- India ? Independence Day (from the United Kingdom, 1947)
- Korea ? Liberation Day
- Italy ? "Ferragosto", remembrance of an ancient Roman holiday in honor of Augustus (Feriae Augusti)
- Liechtenstein ? Liechtenstein Day
- Tuva ? Tuva Republic Day, Naadym
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Alipius
- St. Arnoul/Arnulphus
- St. MacCartin/Ard/Aed
- The Assumption of Mary - a holy day of obligation
- Ancient Latvia ? M?ras
- Kerri Walsh: American beach volleyball player.
- Jennie Eisenhower: American noted family, the first child of Julie Nixon and her husband David Eisenhower, 9 lbs 8oz.
- Adel Tawil: German-born singer of Egyptian-Tunisian descent.
- Kerri Walsh-Jennings: Volleyball Player.
- Tim Foreman: American bass player (Switchfoot).
- Lilia Podkopayeva: Ukrainian gymnast
- Stavros Tziortziopoulos: Greek footballer
- Kerri Jennings: American volleyball player
- Harrison Kerr: Composer, dies at 80.
- House of Reps approves (233-169), 39-month extension for ERA
- US House of Representatives approves (233-169), 39-month extension for Equal Rights Amendment.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1978 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Commodores - Three Times A Lady
- Frankie Valli - Grease
- Donna Summer - Last Dance
- The Rolling Stones - Miss You
- Foreigner - Hot Blooded
- Taste Of Honey, A - Boogie Oogie Oogie
- Pablo Cruise - Love Will Find A Way
- Barry Manilow - Copacabana (At The Copa)
- Walter Egan - Magnet And Steel
- Andy Gibb - An Everlasting Love
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?