Thursday 15 August 1985
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican). In that special week of August people in US were listening to Shout by Tears For Fears.
In UK Into The Groove by Madonna was in the top 5 hits.
The Return of the Living Dead, directed by Dan O'Bannon, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1985
while Skeleton Crew by Stephen King was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 August 1985!
Which were the important events of 15 August 1985 ?
- Hawaii ? Toro Nagashi (Floating Lantern Ceremony) to commemorate the end of the second world war
- Poland ? Polish Armed Forces Day
- Eastern Orthodoxy ? Feast of the Dormition of the Theotokos, the commemoration of the death of Mary, the mother of Jesus.
- RC Saints ? Feast day of the Assumption of Mary, the mother of Jesus, Holy Day of Obligation. Public Holiday in: Austria, Belgium, Cameroon, Chile, C(te d'Ivoire, Croatia, Cyprus, East Timor, France, Greece, India, Italy, Lebanon, Lithuania, Malta, Mauritius, Poland, Portugal, Seychelles, Slovenia and Spain.
- Acadie ? National Day
- Egypt ? Flooding of the Nile Day
- India ? Independence Day (from the United Kingdom, 1947)
- Korea ? Liberation Day
- Italy ? "Ferragosto", remembrance of an ancient Roman holiday in honor of Augustus (Feriae Augusti)
- Liechtenstein ? Liechtenstein Day
- Tuva ? Tuva Republic Day, Naadym
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Alipius
- St. Arnoul/Arnulphus
- St. MacCartin/Ard/Aed
- The Assumption of Mary - a holy day of obligation
- Ancient Latvia ? M?ras
- Nipsey Hussle: Rapper.
- Emily Kinney: TV Actress.
- Cogie Domingo: Filipino actor.
- Leah Hackett: English actress.
- Andrea Lewis: Canadian actress and singer.
- Santiago Stieben: Argentinian actor
- Richard Yardumian: US Composer (Creator Spirit), dies at 68.
- Anti-apartheid lawyer Bulelani Ngcuka marries in South Africa
- Iraqi air raid on Iran oil-island Kharg
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1985 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Tears For Fears - Shout
- Huey Lewis & The News - Power Of Love
- John Parr - St. Elmo's Fire (Man In Motion)
- Paul Young - Everytime You Go Away
- Tina Turner - We Don't Need Another Hero
- Corey Hart - Never Surrender
- Sting - If You Love Somebody Set Them Free
- Aretha Franklin - Freeway Of Love
- Bryan Adams - Summer Of '69
- DeBarge - Who's Holding Donna Now
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 15 August 1985 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?