Thursday 15 August 1991
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of August people in US were listening to (Everything I Do) I Do It For You by Bryan Adams.
In UK (Everything I Do) I Do It For You by Bryan Adams was in the top 5 hits.
Barton Fink, directed by Joel Coen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1991
while The Kitchen God'S Wife by Amy Tan was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1991.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 August 1991!
Which were the important events of 15 August 1991 ?
- Hawaii ? Toro Nagashi (Floating Lantern Ceremony) to commemorate the end of the second world war
- Poland ? Polish Armed Forces Day
- Eastern Orthodoxy ? Feast of the Dormition of the Theotokos, the commemoration of the death of Mary, the mother of Jesus.
- RC Saints ? Feast day of the Assumption of Mary, the mother of Jesus, Holy Day of Obligation. Public Holiday in: Austria, Belgium, Cameroon, Chile, C(te d'Ivoire, Croatia, Cyprus, East Timor, France, Greece, India, Italy, Lebanon, Lithuania, Malta, Mauritius, Poland, Portugal, Seychelles, Slovenia and Spain.
- Acadie ? National Day
- Egypt ? Flooding of the Nile Day
- India ? Independence Day (from the United Kingdom, 1947)
- Korea ? Liberation Day
- Italy ? "Ferragosto", remembrance of an ancient Roman holiday in honor of Augustus (Feriae Augusti)
- Liechtenstein ? Liechtenstein Day
- Tuva ? Tuva Republic Day, Naadym
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Alipius
- St. Arnoul/Arnulphus
- St. MacCartin/Ard/Aed
- The Assumption of Mary - a holy day of obligation
- Ancient Latvia ? M?ras
Famous Birthdays:15 August
- Marietta Tree: United Nations Commissioner of Human Rights, dies at age 74.
- 750,000 attend Paul Simon's free concert in Central Park, New York.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1991 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bryan Adams - (Everything I Do) I Do It For You
- Amy Grant - Every Heartbeat
- Lenny Kravitz - It Ain't Over Til It's Over
- DJ Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince - Summertime
- Roxette - Fading Like A Flower (Every Time You Leave)
- Corina - Temptation
- Rythm Syndicate - P.A.S.S.I.O.N.
- The Escape Club - I'll Be There
- Scorpions - Wind Of Change
- The KLF - 3 A.M. Eternal
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?