Saturday 15 August 1992
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Madeline Mikac and Karen Polinesia.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to End Of The Road by Boyz II Men.
In UK Rhythm Is A Dancer by Snap! was in the top 5 hits.
Single White Female, directed by Barbet Schroeder, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1992
while Gerald'S Game by Stephen King was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Larry Sanders Show.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Alcatraz or Bio-Hazard Battle Crying: Aseimei Sensou.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 August 1992!
Which were the important events of 15 August 1992 ?
- Hawaii ? Toro Nagashi (Floating Lantern Ceremony) to commemorate the end of the second world war
- Poland ? Polish Armed Forces Day
- Eastern Orthodoxy ? Feast of the Dormition of the Theotokos, the commemoration of the death of Mary, the mother of Jesus.
- RC Saints ? Feast day of the Assumption of Mary, the mother of Jesus, Holy Day of Obligation. Public Holiday in: Austria, Belgium, Cameroon, Chile, C(te d'Ivoire, Croatia, Cyprus, East Timor, France, Greece, India, Italy, Lebanon, Lithuania, Malta, Mauritius, Poland, Portugal, Seychelles, Slovenia and Spain.
- Acadie ? National Day
- Egypt ? Flooding of the Nile Day
- India ? Independence Day (from the United Kingdom, 1947)
- Korea ? Liberation Day
- Italy ? "Ferragosto", remembrance of an ancient Roman holiday in honor of Augustus (Feriae Augusti)
- Liechtenstein ? Liechtenstein Day
- Tuva ? Tuva Republic Day, Naadym
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Alipius
- St. Arnoul/Arnulphus
- St. MacCartin/Ard/Aed
- The Assumption of Mary - a holy day of obligation
- Ancient Latvia ? M?ras
- Madeline Mikac: Australian homicide victim.
- Karen Polinesia: YouTube Star.
- Baskaran Adhiban: Indian chess player.
- Evelyn Wesler Zemel: US Author (American Glass Animals).
- Marie Paxton: Entertainer, dies after brief illness.
- Martha Blackburn: Canada newspaper publisher (London Free Press).
- Osamu Inaba: Japanese Minister of Justice.
- Giorgio Perlasca: Italian hero who saved 5,000 Jews during the war in Budapest, pretending to be a Spanish consul.
- Actress Susan Anton marries actor Jeff Lester
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1992 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Boyz II Men - End Of The Road
- TLC - Baby-Baby-Baby
- Madonna - This Used To Be My Playground
- Sir Mix-A-Lot - Baby Got Back
- Guns N' Roses - November Rain
- Jon Secada - Just Another Day
- Tom Cochrane - Life Is A Highway
- En Vogue - Giving Him Something He Can Feel
- Billy Ray Cyrus - Achy Breaky Heart
- Technotronic - Move This
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?