Thursday 15 August 1996
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Bill Clinton (Democratic). In that special week of August people in US were listening to Macarena (Bayside Boys Mix) by Los Del Rio.
In UK Wannabe by The Spice Girls was in the top 5 hits.
Tin Cup, directed by Ron Shelton, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1996
while How to Kill a Monster by R.L. Stine was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1996.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 August 1996!
Which were the important events of 15 August 1996 ?
- Hawaii ? Toro Nagashi (Floating Lantern Ceremony) to commemorate the end of the second world war
- Poland ? Polish Armed Forces Day
- Eastern Orthodoxy ? Feast of the Dormition of the Theotokos, the commemoration of the death of Mary, the mother of Jesus.
- RC Saints ? Feast day of the Assumption of Mary, the mother of Jesus, Holy Day of Obligation. Public Holiday in: Austria, Belgium, Cameroon, Chile, C(te d'Ivoire, Croatia, Cyprus, East Timor, France, Greece, India, Italy, Lebanon, Lithuania, Malta, Mauritius, Poland, Portugal, Seychelles, Slovenia and Spain.
- Acadie ? National Day
- Egypt ? Flooding of the Nile Day
- India ? Independence Day (from the United Kingdom, 1947)
- Korea ? Liberation Day
- Italy ? "Ferragosto", remembrance of an ancient Roman holiday in honor of Augustus (Feriae Augusti)
- Liechtenstein ? Liechtenstein Day
- Tuva ? Tuva Republic Day, Naadym
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Alipius
- St. Arnoul/Arnulphus
- St. MacCartin/Ard/Aed
- The Assumption of Mary - a holy day of obligation
- Ancient Latvia ? M?ras
- Shamari Maurice: TV Actor.
- Bahia Bakari: French-Comoran air crash survivor, she is the only one who survived the crash of the Yemenia Airlines Flight 626 Airbus A310 on June 30, 2009 at approximately 1:50 AM.
- Bob Dole is nominated for President of the USA, and Jack Kemp for Vice President, at the Republican National Convention in San Diego, California.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1996 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Los Del Rio - Macarena (Bayside Boys Mix)
- Keith Sweat - Twisted
- Quad City DJ's - C'Mon N' Ride It (The Train)
- Toni Braxton - You're Makin' Me High
- Eric Clapton - Change The World
- LL Cool J - Loungin'
- R. Kelly - I Can't Sleep Baby (If I)
- 2 Pac - How Do U Want It
- Donna Lewis - I Love You Always Forever
- Tracy Chapman - Give Me One Reason
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?