Friday 15 December 1933
It was Friday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Son of Kong, directed by Ernest B. Schoedsack, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1933
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1933.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 December 1933!
Which were the important events of 15 December 1933 ?
- Jesse Belvin in Texarkana: Arkansas, USA; rock vocalist (Mr Easy).
- Tim Conway: American actor and comedian, a writer-director with Cleveland TV station before establishing himself as a comic performer on the "Steve Allen Show.
- Bapu : Indian cartoonist, designer and film director.
- Donald Woods: South African journalist and anti-apartheid activist (Born 1933).
- Tim Conway in Willoughby: Ohio, USA; comic (McHale's Navy, Carol Burnett Show).
- Baseball owners agree to ban Sunday doubleheaders until after June 15.
- The Twenty-first Amendment to the United States Constitution officially becomes effective, repealing the Eighteenth Amendment that prohibited the sale, manufacture, and transportation of alcohol.
- The US 21st Amendment officially goes into effect, alcohol becomes legal in the US.
- Newfoundland returns to Crown Colony status following financial collapse.ampref name=CBH/amp
- The British Plastics Federation (the oldest in the world) is founded.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1933 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Smoke Gets In Your Eyes - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
- Ain't Cha Glad? - Benny Goodman & His Orchestra (Vocal Jack Teagarden)
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?