Saturday 15 December 1962
It was Saturday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic). In that special week of December people in US were listening to Big Girls Don't Cry by The 4 Seasons.
In UK Return To Sender by Elvis Presley was in the top 5 hits.
L'eclisse, directed by Michelangelo Antonioni, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1962
while Seven Days In May by Fletcher Knebel and Charles W. Bailey II was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 December 1962!
Which were the important events of 15 December 1962 ?
- Gianluca Farina: Italian athlete, winner of a gold medal at the 1988 Seoul Olympics for rowing in a two-man team.
- Tim Gaines: American bass player (Stryper and SinDizzy).
- Simon Hodgkinson: English rugby player and coach.
- Charles Laughton: British-American actor, onscreen from 1927, one of the most powerful and versatile character actors in film and theater.
- Storm over North Sea. Belgian pirate radio station Radio Uylenspiegel is knocked off the airwaves, never to operate again.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1962 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Steve Lawrence - Go Away Little Girl
- The 4 Seasons - Big Girls Don't Cry
- The Tornadoes - Telstar
- Elvis Presley - Return To Sender
- Chubby Checker - Limbo Rock
- Marcie Blane - Bobby's Girl
- The Orlons - Don't Hang Up
- Dee Dee Sharp - Ride
- The Lonely Bull (El Solo Torro) - The Tijuana Brass
- Esther Phillips Little Esther - Release Me
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 15 December 1962 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?