Thursday 15 December 1966
It was Thursday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Carl Hooper and Manos Papayiannis.
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Winchester Cathedral by The New Vaudeville Band.
In UK Green Green Grass Of Home by Tom Jones was in the top 5 hits.
Grand Prix, directed by John Frankenheimer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1966
while The Secret Of Santa Vittoria by Robert Crichton was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Polizeifunk ruft.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Cyborg 009.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 December 1966!
Which were the important events of 15 December 1966 ?
- Carl Hooper: Guyanese cricketer and coach.
- Manos Papayiannis: Greek fashion model and actor.
- Molly Price: American actress.
- Walt Disney: American cartoonist who created Mickey Mouse in 1928 and later made the first feature-length cartoon ever filmed, "Fantasia," 1940, a visual interpretation of orchestral music.
- Joyful Noise opens at Mark Hellinger Theater NYC for 12 performances
- At 9:30 AM in St. Joseph's Hospital, Walt Disney dies of acute circulatory collapse, caused by lung cancer, at age 65. He had won more than 950 honors and citations worldwide, including 31 Oscars and seven Emmys.
- John W Mecom Jr becomes first owner of the New Orlean Saints.
- Audouin Dollfus discovers 10th satellite of Saturn, Janus.
- Walt Disney dies while producing ''The Jungle Book'', the last animated feature under his personal supervision.
- The U.N. Security Council approves an oil embargo against Rhodesia.
- The International Covenant on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights and the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights are adopted by the General Assembly, as Resolution 2200 A (XXI).
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1966 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The New Vaudeville Band - Winchester Cathedral
- Donovan - Mellow Yellow
- The Beach Boys - Good Vibrations
- Mitch Ryder - Devil With A Blue Dress On & Good Golly Miss Molly
- The Supremes - You Keep Me Hangin' On
- Frank Sinatra - That's Life
- Roger Williams - Born Free
- The Monkees - I'm A Believer
- Nancy Sinatra - Sugar Town
- Stevie Wonder - A Place In The Sun
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?