Monday 15 December 1969
It was Monday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of December people in US were listening to Leaving on A Jet Plane by Peter, Paul and Mary.
In UK Two Little Boys by Rolf Harris was in the top 5 hits.
Topaz, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1969
while The House On The Strand by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1969.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 December 1969!
Which were the important events of 15 December 1969 ?
- Dan Williams NFL defensive end (Denver Broncos: Kansas City Chiefs).
- Sean Briscombe in Minneapolis: Minnesota, USA; diver (Olympics-1996).
- Wayne Simmons: linebacker (Kansas City Chiefs).
- Adriana Esteves: Brazilian minor actress, another "pretty face" seen on screen, in soaps and romantic roles.
- Roderick Green: American athlete, defensive back.
- Karl Theodor Bleek: German politician (Born 1898).
- San Francisco Fire Department replaces leather helmets with plastic ones
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1969 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Peter, Paul and Mary - Leaving on A Jet Plane
- Diana Ross and the Supremes - Someday We'll Be Together
- Creedence Clearwater Revival - Down On The Corner
- Steam - Na Na Hey Hey Kiss Him Goodbye
- B.J. Thomas - Raindrops Keep Fallin' On My Head
- The Beatles - Come Together
- Stevie Wonder - Yester-Me, Yester-You, Yesterday
- R.B. Greaves - Take A Letter Maria
- Neil Diamond - Holly Holy
- Blood, Sweat and Tears - And When I Die
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?