Tuesday 15 December 1970
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of December people in US were listening to The Tears Of A Clown by Smokey Robinson.
In UK I Hear You Knocking by Dave Edmunds was in the top 5 hits.
Rio Lobo, directed by Howard Hawks, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1970
while Islands In The Stream by Ernest Hemingway was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1970.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 December 1970!
Which were the important events of 15 December 1970 ?
- Frankie Dettori: Italian jockey, won the Prima Corsa (group) in 1986 and 1989.
- Michael Shanks: Canadian actor.
- Lawrence Funderburke: American basketball player, a forward with the Kings.
- Damon Thomas: NFL wide receiver (Buffalo Bills).
- Mitchell Butler NBA guard (Washington Bullets: Cleveland Cavaliers).
- Ferryboat capsized in Korean Strait drowning 261
- South Korean ferry Namyong Ho capsizes off Korean Strait killing 308.
- Soviet Venera 7 is first spacecraft to land on another planet (Venus).
- Soviet spacecraft Venera 7 successfully land on Venus. It is the first successful soft landing on another planet
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1970 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Smokey Robinson - The Tears Of A Clown
- George Harrison - My Sweet Lord
- The 5th Dimension - One Less Bell To Answer
- The Partridge Family - I Think I Love You
- Santana - Black Magic Woman
- Dawn - Knock Three Times
- The Supremes - Stoned Love
- Chicago - Does Anybody Really Know What Time It Is?
- Brian Hyland - Gypsy Woman
- Badfinger - No Matter What
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?