Saturday 15 December 1973
It was Saturday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Tammy Melinda Pearman and Mike Cherry.
In that special week of December people in US were listening to The Most Beautiful Girl by Charlie Rich.
In UK I Love You Love Me Love by Gary Glitter was in the top 5 hits.
Sleeper, directed by Woody Allen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1973
while The Honorary Consul by Graham Greene was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Illustrated, Simplified and Painless Sunday School.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Gotcha or Lemonade Stand.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 December 1973!
Which were the important events of 15 December 1973 ?
- Tammy Melinda Pearman: Brooklyn, New York -- Soccer forward / defender (1996 Olympics).
- Mike Cherry: quarterback (New York Giants).
- Mirko Ludemann in Weiwasser: Germany; NHL defenseman (Team Germany, Colorado Avalanche).
- Geoff Stewart: Australian rower (Olympics-1996).
- Ryu Seung-wan: South Korean actor and director.
- Surya Bonaly: Surya Bonaly is a French-American former figure skater. She is a three-time World silver medalist, a five-time European champion, the 1991 World Junior Champion, and a nine-time French national champion.
- Ryoo Seung-wan: South Korean actor director and screenwriter
- Orest Alexandrovich Evlahkov: Composer, dies at 61.
- Golf Resort (Disney Inn) opens
- US Psychiatrist say homosexuals are not mentally ill
- Pirates of the Caribbean ride opens at Disneyland, Anaheim, California.
- Sandy Hawley becomes first jockey to win 500 races in one year.
- Tennessee beats Temple 11-6 in low scoring NCAA basketball game.
- American Psychiatric Association declares homosexuality is not mental illness.
- John Paul Getty III, grandson of American billionaire J. Paul Getty, is found alive near Naples, Italy, after being kidnapped by an Italian gang on July 10, 1973.
- The American Psychiatric Association votes 13 : 0 to remove homosexuality from its official list of psychiatric disorders, the DSM-II.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1973 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Charlie Rich - The Most Beautiful Girl
- Elton John - Goodbye Yellow Brick Road
- Carpenters - Top Of The World
- Chicago - Just You 'N' Me
- Jim Croce - Time In A Bottle
- Todd Rundgren - Hello It's Me
- Helen Reddy - Leave Me Alone (Ruby Red Dress)
- Ringo Starr - Photograph
- Steve Miller Band - The Joker
- The Staple Singers - If You're Ready (Come Go With Me)
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?