Friday 15 December 2006
It was Friday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of December people in US were listening to Irreplaceable by Beyonce.
In UK Patience by Take That was in the top 5 hits.
The Painted Veil, directed by John Curran, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2006
while Cross by James Patterson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2006.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 December 2006!
Which were the important events of 15 December 2006 ?
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 15 December
- Clay Regazzoni: Swiss race car driver and sportscaster (d. 2006).
- Lockheed Martin's F-35 Lightning II Joint Strike Fighter successfully flies for the first time.
- Muqtada al-Sadr withdraws his support for Iraqi Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki. (RFE/RL)
- A severe windstorm hits the Pacific Northwest overnight, with wind gusts reported as high as 97 miles per hour. Three people were killed in Washington, and at the peak of the storm about one million homes in western Washington and over 400,000 in the Greater Portland area were without electricity. In British Columbia, Stanley Park sustains more than $9 million damage. (Oregonlive)
- United States district court judge Jeremy Fogel imposes a moratorium on lethal injections in California stating that they are unconstitutional. In an unrelated incident, the Governor of Florida Jeb Bush has suspended lethal injections in Florida pending an investigation into the system after the recent execution of Ángel Nieves Díaz took 34 minutes after it was botched. (CNN #2)
- The 2006 Asian Games is officially closed at the 50,000 seater Khalifa International Stadium in Doha, Qatar marking the end of 15 days of competition. (Doha 2006 Asian Games website)
- Retired Formula One driver Clay Regazzoni dies in a car accident when the Chrysler Voyager he was driving hit a lorry head on, outside Parma, Italy. (BBC)
- Assistant Secretary of State Jendayi Frazer announces that the United States has no plans to commit troops to intervene in the Somali civil war to root out al Qaeda cells operating in the country. (U.S. State Department)
- Newt Gingrich, former Speaker of the U.S. House of Representatives, says the six men involved in the Flying Imams controversy should have been ampquotarrested and prosecuted for pretending to be terrorists.ampquot (UPI)
- Alex Ovechkin of the Washington Capitals scores the fastest overtime goal in the history of the NHL in 6 seconds against the Atlanta Thrashers.
- The Financial Report of the United States Government for 2006 was released late Friday evening. The combined federal deficits now total more than 400% of GDP.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 2006 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?