Wednesday 15 February 1939
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jo Clayton and Ole Ellefsaeter.
Stagecoach, directed by John Ford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 February 1939!
Which were the important events of 15 February 1939 ?
- John Frum Day in Vanuatu 
- Gummy Bear Day in United States
- National Day in Serbia
- Candlemas in Russia and other Eastern Orthodox countries
- Saint Siegfried of Sweden
- Saints Faustin and Jovita
- Saint Georgia
- Blessed Claude de la ColombiFre
- Flag Day in Canada
- Jo Clayton: United States -- Sci-fi author (Irsud, Maeve, Star Hunters).
- Ole Ellefsaeter: Norwegian cross-country skier.
- Tony Bloom: deputy CEO (Sketchley).
- Philippe Durteste: French military officer, the commander of the French navy in the Mediterranean, who was appointed head of the European Maritime Force.
- Gerd Bohnsack: German footballer and manager.
- Robert Hansen: American serial killer (d. 2014)
- German battleship Bismarck was launched
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?