Tuesday 15 February 1955
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Softly Softly by Ruby Murray was in the top 5 hits.
The Wages of Fear, directed by Henri-Georges Clouzot, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1955
while The View From Pompey'S Head by Hamilton Basso was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 February 1955!
Which were the important events of 15 February 1955 ?
- John Frum Day in Vanuatu 
- Gummy Bear Day in United States
- National Day in Serbia
- Candlemas in Russia and other Eastern Orthodox countries
- Saint Siegfried of Sweden
- Saints Faustin and Jovita
- Saint Georgia
- Blessed Claude de la ColombiFre
- Flag Day in Canada
- Clive Aslet: British editor (Country Life).
- Janice Dickinson in Brooklyn: New York, USA; model (Vogue).
- Christopher McDonald: American actor.
- Janice Dickinson: Model.
- S Z Sakall: Actor (Dolly Sisters, Casablanca), dies at 71.
- 1st pilot plant to produce man-made diamonds announced
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1955 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 15 February 1955 and get them!