Wednesday 15 February 1956
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of February people in US were listening to The Great Pretender by The Platters.
In UK Sixteen Tons by Tennessee Ernie Ford was in the top 5 hits.
The Conqueror, directed by Dick Powell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while Ten North Frederick by John O'Hara was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 February 1956!
Which were the important events of 15 February 1956 ?
- John Frum Day in Vanuatu 
- Gummy Bear Day in United States
- National Day in Serbia
- Candlemas in Russia and other Eastern Orthodox countries
- Saint Siegfried of Sweden
- Saints Faustin and Jovita
- Saint Georgia
- Blessed Claude de la ColombiFre
- Flag Day in Canada
- Hitoshi Ogawa: Japanese racing driver (d. 1992).
- Hilda Beatriz "Hildita" Guevara: Cuba -- Daughter of "Che" Guevara.
- Hilda Guevara Gadea: First daughter of Ernesto "Che" Guevara, from his marriage to Hilda Gadea Peruvian economist.
- Desmond Haynes: Barbadian cricketer and coach.
- Vincent de Moro-Giafferi: French lawyer and politician (d. 1956).
- Pirates and Kansas City Athletics cancel an exhibition game in Birmingham Alabama, because of local ordinance barring black from playing against white
- Urho Kekkonen is appointed President of Finland.
- Pittsburgh Pirates and Kansas City Athletics cancel an exhibition game in Birmingham, Alabama, because of local ordinance barring blacks from playing against whites.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1956 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 15 February 1956 and get them!