Sunday 15 February 2009
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of February people in US were listening to My Life Would Suck Without You by Kelly Clarkson.
He's Just Not That Into You, directed by Ken Kwapis, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while Diary of a Wimpy Kid: The Last Straw by Jeff Kinne was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2009.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 February 2009!
Which were the important events of 15 February 2009 ?
- John Frum Day in Vanuatu 
- Gummy Bear Day in United States
- National Day in Serbia
- Candlemas in Russia and other Eastern Orthodox countries
- Saint Siegfried of Sweden
- Saints Faustin and Jovita
- Saint Georgia
- Blessed Claude de la ColombiFre
- Flag Day in Canada
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 15 February
- The United Kingdom confirms the first case of a person contracting Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease after receiving contaminated blood plasma. (Telegraph)
- At least 15 people are killed and seven injured in a hostel fire in Molodyozhny, Astrakhan, Russia. (Reuters via ABC News Australia)
- Israel will pay US$50,000 to the family of a Palestinian man who was killed by the country's Defense Forces in December 2003. (Ma'an)
- Zimbabwe replaces a treason charge against Deputy Agriculture Minister-designate Roy Bennett with ampquotconspiring to acquire arms with a view to disrupting essential services.ampquot (BBC)
- The Karen National Union attacks Myawaddy, Burma. (AFP via Google News)
- Colombia's Galeras volcano erupts. (CNN)
- Fifty-four percent of participating Venezuelan voters approve a constitutional referendum to remove term limits for elected offices, including the Presidency. (BBC)
- Prime Minister Ehud Olmert denies reports that Israel is negotiating with Hamas. (CNN)
- General strikes over high living costs continue in Guadeloupe and Martinique. (''Chicago Tribune'')
- Cancer Research UK's London Institute discovers a ampquotdanger receptorampquot that may initiate an immune reaction to cancer. (BBC)
- The Taliban announces a ten-day ceasefire in its war in northwest Pakistan's Swat Valley. (BBC)
- NASCAR driver Matt Kenseth wins the rain-shortened 2009 Daytona 500 at Daytona International Speedway after 152 of 200 laps. (NASCAR.com)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 2009 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?