Friday 15 January 1909
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Le paralytique, directed by Louis Feuillade, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1909
while The Inner Shrine by Anonymous (Basil King) was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1909.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 January 1909!
Which were the important events of 15 January 1909 ?
- Kerala in India - Makaravilakku or Makara Sankranthy at Sabarimala.
- Jallikattu in South India.
- United States - Traditionally, Martin Luther King Day.
- North Korea - Korean Alphabet Day.
- Malawi - John Chilembwe Day.
- Roman Catholic Church - Saint Ides, virgin, died January 15, 570.
- Roman Empire - Second day of the Carmentalia in honor of Carmenta.
- Wikipedia Day.
- Jean Bugatti: German-born automobile designer (d. 1939).
- Gene Krupa: American drummer composer and actor (d. 1973).
- Elie Siegmeister New York City: New York, composer (Plough and the Stars).
- Enrique Sasal: y Chapi composer.
- Ernest Reyer composer: dies at age 85.
- Ernest von Wildenbruch German playwright (Das Edle Blut): dies at age 63.
- Arnold Janssen: German missionary (Born 1837).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1909 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- If You'll Remember Me - Henry Burr
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in January 1909?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?