Saturday 15 January 1927
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
The Show, directed by Tod Browning, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1927
while Elmer Gantry by Sinclair Lewis was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1927.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 January 1927!
Which were the important events of 15 January 1927 ?
- Kerala in India - Makaravilakku or Makara Sankranthy at Sabarimala.
- Jallikattu in South India.
- United States - Traditionally, Martin Luther King Day.
- North Korea - Korean Alphabet Day.
- Malawi - John Chilembwe Day.
- Roman Catholic Church - Saint Ides, virgin, died January 15, 570.
- Roman Empire - Second day of the Carmentalia in honor of Carmenta.
- Wikipedia Day.
- Richard Kogel: Germany Actor.
- Ignacio Lozano: American diplomat, who served as United States Ambassador to El Salvador.
- Phyllis Coates: American film and television actress, known for her portrayal of reporter Lois Lane in the 1951 film "Superman and the Mole Men" and in the first season (twenty-six episodes) of the television series "Adventures of Superman" (1952), in which she was given equal billing with George Reeves (insisted upon by Reeves), even for episodes in which she did not appear.
- Francis Routh: Composer.
- Norm Crosby in Boston: Massachusetts, USA; comedian (Young at Heart Comedians).
- Teddy Wakelam gives the first sports commentary on BBC Radio.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?