Sunday 15 January 1933
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Ernest J Gaines and Patricia Blair.
Employees' Entrance, directed by Roy Del Ruth, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1933
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 January 1933!
Which were the important events of 15 January 1933 ?
- Kerala in India - Makaravilakku or Makara Sankranthy at Sabarimala.
- Jallikattu in South India.
- United States - Traditionally, Martin Luther King Day.
- North Korea - Korean Alphabet Day.
- Malawi - John Chilembwe Day.
- Roman Catholic Church - Saint Ides, virgin, died January 15, 570.
- Roman Empire - Second day of the Carmentalia in honor of Carmenta.
- Wikipedia Day.
- Ernest J Gaines: American author.
- Patricia Blair: American television and film actress, primarily on 1950s and 1960s television.
- Bobby Durnbaugh: American baseball player, a right-handed shortstop who played two games with the Cincinnati Redlegs in September 1957.
- François Brohier: French race horse jockey, who won the 1961 Prix d'Amerique on Masina.
- Stéphane Steeman: Belgian actor, comedian and television entertainer.
- Frank Bough: English journalist and radio host
- Ernest Gaines: American author and academic
- Peter Maitlis: English chemist and academic
- Political violence causes almost 100 deaths in Spain.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 15 January 1933
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?