Monday 15 January 1934
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Lucky Texan, directed by Robert N. Bradbury, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1934
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1934.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 January 1934!
Which were the important events of 15 January 1934 ?
- Kerala in India - Makaravilakku or Makara Sankranthy at Sabarimala.
- Jallikattu in South India.
- United States - Traditionally, Martin Luther King Day.
- North Korea - Korean Alphabet Day.
- Malawi - John Chilembwe Day.
- Roman Catholic Church - Saint Ides, virgin, died January 15, 570.
- Roman Empire - Second day of the Carmentalia in honor of Carmenta.
- Wikipedia Day.
- V Ramadevi: Indian civil servant and politician 13th Governor of Karnataka (d. 2013).
- Hermann Bahr in Munich: Germany, at age 70; dramatist, Austrian writer (Concert).
- 8.4 earthquake in India / Nepal, 10,700 die
- Babe Ruth signs a 1934 baseball contract for $35,000 ($17,000 cut).
- Patrick O'Malley, US policeman, killed by John Dillinger.
Make this date unforgettable
Get back in touch
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?