Tuesday 15 January 1935
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Robert Silverberg and Malcolm Frager.
David Copperfield, directed by George Cukor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1935
while Green Light by Lloyd C. Douglas was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 January 1935!
Which were the important events of 15 January 1935 ?
- Kerala in India - Makaravilakku or Makara Sankranthy at Sabarimala.
- Jallikattu in South India.
- United States - Traditionally, Martin Luther King Day.
- North Korea - Korean Alphabet Day.
- Malawi - John Chilembwe Day.
- Roman Catholic Church - Saint Ides, virgin, died January 15, 570.
- Roman Empire - Second day of the Carmentalia in honor of Carmenta.
- Wikipedia Day.
- Robert Silverberg: American author, the recipient of the Hugo award in 1956 and 1969 and the Nebula award in 1969, 1971 and 1974.
- Malcolm Frager: St. Louis, Missouri -- Pianist.
- 300 Dutch ice cream salesmen protest against Italian competition.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 15 January 1935
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?