Friday 15 January 1943
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Stuart E Eizenstat and Ashraf Aman.
Tarzan Triumphs, directed by William Thiele, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
while The Robe by Lloyd C. Douglas was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 January 1943!
Which were the important events of 15 January 1943 ?
- Kerala in India - Makaravilakku or Makara Sankranthy at Sabarimala.
- Jallikattu in South India.
- United States - Traditionally, Martin Luther King Day.
- North Korea - Korean Alphabet Day.
- Malawi - John Chilembwe Day.
- Roman Catholic Church - Saint Ides, virgin, died January 15, 570.
- Roman Empire - Second day of the Carmentalia in honor of Carmenta.
- Wikipedia Day.
- Stuart E Eizenstat: adviser to American Presidents Carter and Clinton.
- Ashraf Aman: first Pakistani to reach the summit of K2.
- Margaret Beckett: English metallurgist and politician Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs.
- Stuart Eizenstat: American lawyer and diplomat United States Ambassador to the European Union.
- Mike Marshall: Major League Baseball pitcher (1974 Cy Young Award).
- 1st transport of Jews from Amsterdam to concentration camp Vught
- World War II: The Soviet counter-offensive at Voronezh begins.
- The world's largest office building, The Pentagon, is dedicated in Arlington, Virginia.
- 1,000 workers complete the air conditioning system for the Pentagon.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 15 January 1943
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?