Wednesday 15 January 1947
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Andrea Martin in Portland and Mary Hogg.
13 Rue Madeleine, directed by Henry Hathaway, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
while The Miracle of the Bells by Russell Janne was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Bristol-Myers Tele-Varieties.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 January 1947!
Which were the important events of 15 January 1947 ?
- Kerala in India - Makaravilakku or Makara Sankranthy at Sabarimala.
- Jallikattu in South India.
- United States - Traditionally, Martin Luther King Day.
- North Korea - Korean Alphabet Day.
- Malawi - John Chilembwe Day.
- Roman Catholic Church - Saint Ides, virgin, died January 15, 570.
- Roman Empire - Second day of the Carmentalia in honor of Carmenta.
- Wikipedia Day.
- Andrea Martin in Portland: Maine, USA; actress/comedienne (Wag The Dog, Club Paradise, SCTV).
- Mary Hogg: English lawyer and judge.
- Andrea Martin: American-Canadian actress singer and screenwriter.
- Pete Waterman: rocker (Stock Aitken and Waterman - "Road Block").
- Elizabeth Short: American homicide victim dubbed "The Black Dahlia.
- The brutalized corpse of Elizabeth Short (''The Black Dahlia'') is found in Leimert Park, Los Angeles.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1947 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Johnny Mercer - Huggin' and a-Chalkin'
- A Gal in Calico - Bing Crosby
- A Gal in Calico - Benny Goodman & His Orchestra (Vocal Eve Young)
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?