Sunday 15 January 1950
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Gun Crazy, directed by Joseph H. Lewis, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while A Rage To Live by John O'Hara was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1950.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 January 1950!
Which were the important events of 15 January 1950 ?
- Kerala in India - Makaravilakku or Makara Sankranthy at Sabarimala.
- Jallikattu in South India.
- United States - Traditionally, Martin Luther King Day.
- North Korea - Korean Alphabet Day.
- Malawi - John Chilembwe Day.
- Roman Catholic Church - Saint Ides, virgin, died January 15, 570.
- Roman Empire - Second day of the Carmentalia in honor of Carmenta.
- Wikipedia Day.
- MLarcel Paterni: .
- David Lynn Jones in Bexar: Arkansas, USA; country singer (Bonnie Jean).
- Marius Trésor: French football/soccer defender.
- Marius Tresor: French footballer.
- Martine Monteil: French senior police official, the first woman to head the 'Brigade des Stups' (narcotics squad), the 'Mondaine' (anti-pimping) and anti-crime squads (Répression du Banditisme and the Crim).
- 4,000 attend National Emergency Civil Rights Conference in Washington DC.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1950 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?