Sunday 15 January 1956
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Sixteen Tons by Tennessee Ernie Ford was in the top 5 hits.
All That Heaven Allows, directed by Douglas Sirk, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while Ten North Frederick by John O'Hara was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1956.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 January 1956!
Which were the important events of 15 January 1956 ?
- Kerala in India - Makaravilakku or Makara Sankranthy at Sabarimala.
- Jallikattu in South India.
- United States - Traditionally, Martin Luther King Day.
- North Korea - Korean Alphabet Day.
- Malawi - John Chilembwe Day.
- Roman Catholic Church - Saint Ides, virgin, died January 15, 570.
- Roman Empire - Second day of the Carmentalia in honor of Carmenta.
- Wikipedia Day.
- Mayawati : Indian educator and politician 23rd Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh.
- Miki Fujimura: Japanese singer (Candies).
- Vitaly Kaloyev: Russian architect.
- Marc Trestman: American football player and coach.
- Vera Sosulya: USSR -- Toboggan (1980 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- D Shostakovitch appointed honorary member of Academia Santa Cecilia
- KWAB TV channel 4 in Big Spring, TX (NBC) begins broadcasting
- Bauer Marlene wins LPGA Sea Island Golf Open.
- NFL Pro Bowl: East beats West 31-30.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1956 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?