Wednesday 15 January 1969
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Adam Burt and Siupeli Malamala.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to I Heard It Through The Grapevine by Marvin Gaye.
In UK Ob-La-Di Ob-La-Da by Marmalade was in the top 5 hits.
Pierrot le Fou, directed by Jean-Luc Godard, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1969
while Portnoy's Complaint by Philip Roth was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Ida Rogalski.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 January 1969!
Which were the important events of 15 January 1969 ?
- Kerala in India - Makaravilakku or Makara Sankranthy at Sabarimala.
- Jallikattu in South India.
- United States - Traditionally, Martin Luther King Day.
- North Korea - Korean Alphabet Day.
- Malawi - John Chilembwe Day.
- Roman Catholic Church - Saint Ides, virgin, died January 15, 570.
- Roman Empire - Second day of the Carmentalia in honor of Carmenta.
- Wikipedia Day.
- Adam Burt: Detroit, Michigan -- NHL defenseman (Hartford Whalers).
- Siupeli Malamala: NFL guard/tackle (New York Jets).
- Leonard Wheeler NFL safety/cornerback (Cincinnati Bengals: Minnesota Vikings).
- Demetra Hampton: actress (Valentina).
- Delino DeShields in Seaford: Delaware, USA; infielder (Montreal Expos, Los Angeles Dodgers).
- Adam Burt in Detroit: Michigan, USA; NHL defenseman (Hartford Whalers).
- Rod de: Highden; Australian 5k/10k/marathon runner (Olympics-1996).
- Rob van: Dijk; Dutch soccer player (Feyenoord).
- Marsha Miller in Rochester: New York, USA; WPVA volleyball player (National-17th-1995).
- Meret Becker: German actress and singer
- Linda Chapman: Children's Author
- Delino DeShields: American baseball player and manager
- Huck Seed: American professional poker player
- Theodor Werner: German painter, dies at age 82.
- Soyuz 5 launched by Soviet Union
- The Soviet Union launches Soyuz 5.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 15 January 1969
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1969 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Marvin Gaye - I Heard It Through The Grapevine
- Diana Ross and the Supremes - I'm Gonna Make You Love Me
- Young-Holt Unlimited - Soulful Strut
- Tommy James and the Shondells - Crimson And Clover
- B.J. Thomas - Hooked On A Feeling
- Glen Campbell - Wichita Lineman
- Stevie Wonder - For Once In My Life
- The Doors - Touch Me
- Brooklyn Bridge - Worst That Could Happen
- Dusty Springfield - Son-Of-A Preacher Man
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?