Tuesday 15 January 1974
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of January people in US were listening to Show And Tell by Al Wilson.
In UK You Won't Find Another Fool Like Me by The New Seekers was in the top 5 hits.
Don't Look Now, directed by Nicolas Roeg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1974
while Centennial by James A. Michener was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1974.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 January 1974!
Which were the important events of 15 January 1974 ?
- Kerala in India - Makaravilakku or Makara Sankranthy at Sabarimala.
- Jallikattu in South India.
- United States - Traditionally, Martin Luther King Day.
- North Korea - Korean Alphabet Day.
- Malawi - John Chilembwe Day.
- Roman Catholic Church - Saint Ides, virgin, died January 15, 570.
- Roman Empire - Second day of the Carmentalia in honor of Carmenta.
- Wikipedia Day.
- Mike Minter: safety (Carolina Panthers).
- Aubrey Jo Hiller in Missoula: Montana, USA; Miss Montana-America (1996).
- Edith Bowman: Scottish television and radio presenter.
- Ray King: American baseball player.
- Tim Shaw: British radio DJ and television presenter.
- Karel Salmon: Composer, dies at 76.
- Happy Days begins an 11 year run on ABC
- Expert panel reports 18.5 minute gap in Watergate tape, five separate erasures.
- 24th NBA All-Star Game: West beats East 134-123 at Seattle, Washington.
- Dennis Rader aka the BTK Killer kills his first victims by binding, torturing and murdering Joseph, Joseph II, Josephine and Julie Otero in their house.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1974 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Al Wilson - Show And Tell
- Steve Miller Band - The Joker
- Brownsville Station - Smokin' In The Boy's Room
- Gladys Knight and the Pips - I've Got To Use My Imagination
- Ringo Starr - You're Sixteen
- Jim Croce - Time In A Bottle
- Barbra Streisand - The Way We Were
- Stevie Wonder - Living For The City
- Olivia Newton-John - Let Me Be There
- Love Unlimited Orchestra - Love's Theme
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?