Friday 15 January 1982
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Neil Nitin Mukesh and Prince Philip.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to Physical by Olivia Newton-John.
In UK The Land Of Make Believe by Bucks Fizz was in the top 5 hits.
Neighbors, directed by John G. Avildsen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1982
while E.T., The Extra-terrestrial by William Kotzwinkle was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Bell.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Deadly Duck or Serpentine.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1982.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 January 1982!
Which were the important events of 15 January 1982 ?
- Kerala in India - Makaravilakku or Makara Sankranthy at Sabarimala.
- Jallikattu in South India.
- United States - Traditionally, Martin Luther King Day.
- North Korea - Korean Alphabet Day.
- Malawi - John Chilembwe Day.
- Roman Catholic Church - Saint Ides, virgin, died January 15, 570.
- Roman Empire - Second day of the Carmentalia in honor of Carmenta.
- Wikipedia Day.
- Neil Nitin Mukesh: Indian actor.
- Prince Philip: and Prince Alexander of Yugoslavia.
- Francis Ze: Cameroonian footballer.
- Emina Jahovic: Songwriter.
- Benjamin Agosto: American skater.
- Alexander: Prince Alexander of Yugoslavia
- Armando Galarraga: Venezuelan baseball player
- Emina Jahović: Serbian-Turkish singer-songwriter and actress
- Brett Lebda: American ice hockey player
- Philip: Prince Philip of Yugoslavia
- Ari Pulkkinen: Finnish pianist and composer
- Francis Zé: Cameroonian footballer
- Red Smith: Sportscaster (Pulitzer, Fight Talk), dies at 76.
- Forbidden Broadway by / with Gerard Alessandrini premieres in New York City
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1982 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Olivia Newton-John - Physical
- Foreigner - Waiting For A Girl Like You
- Earth, Wind & Fire - Let's Groove
- Daryl Hall & John Oates - I Can't Go For That (No Can Do)
- The J. Geils Band - Centerfold
- Quarterflash - Harden My Heart
- Stevie Nicks - Leather And Lace
- George Benson - Turn Your Love Around
- Lindsey Buckingham - Trouble
- Juice Newton - The Sweetest Thing (I've Ever Known)
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?