Wednesday 15 January 2003
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of January people in US were listening to Lose Yourself by Eminem.
In UK Sound Of The Underground by Girls Aloud was in the top 5 hits.
Bend It Like Beckham, directed by Gurinder Chadha, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2003
while The Summons by John Grisham was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2003.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 January 2003!
Which were the important events of 15 January 2003 ?
- Kerala in India - Makaravilakku or Makara Sankranthy at Sabarimala.
- Jallikattu in South India.
- United States - Traditionally, Martin Luther King Day.
- North Korea - Korean Alphabet Day.
- Malawi - John Chilembwe Day.
- Roman Catholic Church - Saint Ides, virgin, died January 15, 570.
- Roman Empire - Second day of the Carmentalia in honor of Carmenta.
- Wikipedia Day.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 15 January
- The Supreme Court of the United States allows the extension of copyright terms in the U.S.
- Belgian plant pathologist, Emile Frison, of the International Network for the Improvement of Banana and Plantain states that the commercial banana variety may become extinct within 10 years.
- In a 7–2 decision in the case Eldred v. Ashcroft, the Supreme Court of the United States rules the 1998 Sonny Bono Copyright Term Extension Act constitutional, preventing the expiration of any U.S. copyrights for 20 years from the date the law went into effect.
- A statement, issued by the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith and signed by Pope John PaulnbspII, declared that all Roman Catholic politicians must adhere to church teachings, and that they cannot be faithful to the Church if they vote against Church positions on such issues as abortion.
- Robert L. Ehrlich, (born November 25, 1957), an American politician, becomes the 60th Governor of the State of Maryland.
- Borland Software Corporation (Nasdaq NM: BORL) announced the completion of its acquisition of TogetherSoft Corporation. Borland acquired the privately held TogetherSoft for approximately ) news on Borland website.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 2003 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Get back in touch
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?