Tuesday 15 January 2008
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of January people in US were listening to Low by Flo Rida.
In UK Now You're Gone by Basshunter featuring DJ Mental Theo's Bazzheadz was in the top 5 hits.
Funny Games, directed by Michael Haneke, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2008
while I Am America (and So Can You!) by Stephen Colbert was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2008.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 January 2008!
Which were the important events of 15 January 2008 ?
- Kerala in India - Makaravilakku or Makara Sankranthy at Sabarimala.
- Jallikattu in South India.
- United States - Traditionally, Martin Luther King Day.
- North Korea - Korean Alphabet Day.
- Malawi - John Chilembwe Day.
- Roman Catholic Church - Saint Ides, virgin, died January 15, 570.
- Roman Empire - Second day of the Carmentalia in honor of Carmenta.
- Wikipedia Day.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 15 January
- Mark Haigh-Hutchinson: Game Designer (Born 1964).
- The governments of Singapore, Kuwait, and South Korea invest US$21 billion in American finance companies Citigroup and Merrill Lynch through sovereign-wealth funds.
- In Michigan, USA, the Rupublican caucuses choose Mitt Romney as candidate for the presidential election on November.
- In the USA, Fox airs the 7th season premiere of the TV show American Idol.
- 20 Palestinians are killed by the Israeli Defense Forces including 14 fighters and five civilians, with 55 people wounded. Hamas leader Mahmoud Zahar's son is killed. Dozens of rockets are fired into Israel by Hamas, landing in the town of Sderot, injuring 4 Israelis. An Ecuadorian laborer is also shot and killed by Hamas. (''The Washington Pos''t)
- Bombing of northern Iraq: Turkish warplanes bomb Kurdish rebel hideouts in northern Iraq, in the fourth aerial attack on rebel positions since the military launched a bombing campaign on 16 December. (Ynet)
- War in Afghanistan (2001-present): The Pentagon announces plans to send 3,200 additional Marines to Afghanistan. (BBC News)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 2008 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?