Sunday 15 January 2012
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of January people in US were listening to Sexy And I Know It by LMFAO.
The Raid: Redemption, directed by Gareth Huw Evans, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2012
while The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2012.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 January 2012!
Which were the important events of 15 January 2012 ?
- Kerala in India - Makaravilakku or Makara Sankranthy at Sabarimala.
- Jallikattu in South India.
- United States - Traditionally, Martin Luther King Day.
- North Korea - Korean Alphabet Day.
- Malawi - John Chilembwe Day.
- Roman Catholic Church - Saint Ides, virgin, died January 15, 570.
- Roman Empire - Second day of the Carmentalia in honor of Carmenta.
- Wikipedia Day.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 15 January
- A bomb detonates near a Shia Muslim procession in the Pakistani town of Khanpur, killing at least 18 people and wounding 30. (''The Guardian'')
- Insurgents trigger bombs and storm a police station in the Iraqi city of Ramadi, with six people reportedly killed and 14 injured. (BBC)
- Clashes continue between demonstrators and riot police in Romania, after thousands take to the streets for a third day of protests. (BBC)
- 2011–2012 Bahraini uprising: Opposition leaders and activists say reforms proposed by King Hamad bin Isa Al Khalifa are ampquotcosmeticampquot and will do little to stop the uprising. (Al Jazeera)
- 2011–2012 Syrian uprising:
- United Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon calls on the Syrian regime to ampquotstop killing its own peopleampquot. (''Daily Star Lebanon'')
- President Bashar al-Assad offers a general amnesty for crimes committed since the uprising began. (''The Independent'')
- The Russian tanker ''Renda'', accompanied by the US Coast Guard icebreaker , prepares to deliver fuel to Nome, Alaska. A fall storm had blocked an earlier fuel delivery, leaving the city facing fuel shortages. (AP via Google)
- A fuel freighter, the ''Doola No. 3'', explodes near the South Korean port city of Incheon, killing at least three crew members. (MSNBC)
- Three trapped survivors are rescued from the capsized cruise ship ''Costa Concordia'', over 24 hours after it ran aground off the coast of Italy. Two corpses are also found, bringing the known death toll of the incident to five. (BBC)
- South Sudan accuses neighboring Sudan of ampquotstealingampquot its oil exports. (Al Jazeera)
- Jon Huntsman will drop out of the 2012 Republican Party presidential primaries and will endorse rival candidate Mitt Romney, according to media reports. (BBC)
- Russia's unmanned Fobos-Grunt space probe re-enters the Earth's atmosphere after a failed mission to the Martian moon Phobos. The 13-ton spacecraft disintegrates over the southern Pacific Ocean at approximately 16:45 UTC. China's first Mars probe, Yinghuo-1, which was launched together with Fobos-Grunt, is also destroyed. (Spaceflight 101)
- Finnish enduro rider and five-time world champion Mika Ahola dies from injuries sustained during training in Girona, Spain. (''The Daily Mirror'')
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 2012 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?