Saturday 15 July 1911
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Dante's Inferno, directed by Francesco Bertolini, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1911.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 July 1911!
Which were the important events of 15 July 1911 ?
- Saint Vladimir the Great's day (Eastern Orthodox; Roman Catholic)
- Confuflux (Discordianism)
- Saint Swithun's feast day (Anglican Church)
- Japan - Third day of Obon feast period
- Palermo, Sicily - Festival of Santa Rosalia
- Brunei - Birthday of the Sultan and Yang Di-Pertuan of Brunei Darussalam
- Botswana - President's Day
- Saint Donald's feast day
- Brazil - International Men's Day
- Karl Weiser: Austrian painter who died on 18 November 1988.
- Edward Shackleton: Baron Shackleton English geographer and politician Secretary of State for Air (d. 1994).
- Emilio Westphalen: Peruvian surrealist poet, essayist and cultural promoter.
- Juliet Pannett: English portrait painter.
- Lord Shackelton: Explorer / government minister.
- 46 of rain (begining 7 / 14) falls in Baguio, Philippines
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1911 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Sharpshooters' March - Guido Deiro
- That's Why I Never Married - Billy Murray
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in July 1911?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?