Saturday 15 July 1911
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Juliet Pannett and Lord Shackelton.
Dante's Inferno, directed by Francesco Bertolini, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 July 1911!
Which were the important events of 15 July 1911 ?
- Saint Vladimir the Great's day (Eastern Orthodox; Roman Catholic)
- Confuflux (Discordianism)
- Saint Swithun's feast day (Anglican Church)
- Japan - Third day of Obon feast period
- Palermo, Sicily - Festival of Santa Rosalia
- Brunei - Birthday of the Sultan and Yang Di-Pertuan of Brunei Darussalam
- Botswana - President's Day
- Saint Donald's feast day
- Brazil - International Men's Day
- Juliet Pannett: English portrait painter.
- Lord Shackelton: Explorer / government minister.
- Karl Weiser: Austrian painter who died on 18 November 1988.
- Emilio Westphalen: Peruvian surrealist poet, essayist and cultural promoter.
- Edward Shackleton: Baron Shackleton English geographer and politician Secretary of State for Air (d. 1994).
- 46 of rain (begining 7 / 14) falls in Baguio, Philippines
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 15 July 1911
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1911 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Sharpshooters' March - Guido Deiro
- That's Why I Never Married - Billy Murray
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
What news were making the headlines those days in July 1911?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?