Monday 15 July 1918
It was Monday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Uncle Tom's Cabin, directed by J. Searle Dawley, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1918.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 July 1918!
Which were the important events of 15 July 1918 ?
- Saint Vladimir the Great's day (Eastern Orthodox; Roman Catholic)
- Confuflux (Discordianism)
- Saint Swithun's feast day (Anglican Church)
- Japan - Third day of Obon feast period
- Palermo, Sicily - Festival of Santa Rosalia
- Brunei - Birthday of the Sultan and Yang Di-Pertuan of Brunei Darussalam
- Botswana - President's Day
- Saint Donald's feast day
- Brazil - International Men's Day
- Bertram Brockhouse: Canadian physicist and academic Nobel Prize laureate (d. 2003).
- Brenda Milner: English-Canadian neuropsychologist and academic.
- Lord Buxton of Alsa: CEO (ITV).
- Joan Roberts: American actress.
- 2nd Battle of Marne began during WWI
- Shooting of the Romanov family: By order of the Bolshevik Party and carried out by the Cheka, Tsar Nicholas II, his wife Alexandra Feodorovna, their children, Olga, Tatiana, Maria, Anastasia, and Alexei, and retainers are executed at the Ipatiev House in Ekaterinburg, Russia.
- August ndash The ''Spanish Flu'' (influenza) becomes pandemic over 30 million people die in the following 6 months (almost twice as many as died during the war).
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1918 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Hello Central, Give Me No Man's Land - Al Jolson
- Just a Baby's Prayer at Twilight (For Her Daddy Over There) - Edna White's Trumpet Quartet
- At the Jazz Band Ball - Original Dixieland Jazz Band
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?