Thursday 15 July 1920
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
La Vénus d'Arles, directed by Georges Denola, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 July 1920!
Which were the important events of 15 July 1920 ?
- Saint Vladimir the Great's day (Eastern Orthodox; Roman Catholic)
- Confuflux (Discordianism)
- Saint Swithun's feast day (Anglican Church)
- Japan - Third day of Obon feast period
- Palermo, Sicily - Festival of Santa Rosalia
- Brunei - Birthday of the Sultan and Yang Di-Pertuan of Brunei Darussalam
- Botswana - President's Day
- Saint Donald's feast day
- Brazil - International Men's Day
- Eldon Rudd: U.
- Ruthven Wade: British Air Chief marshal.
- D Raju: Indian director and screenwriter (d. 2006).
- The Manila Mint in the Philippines begins coining bronze 1-centavo coins for circulation. This is the first official coinage of the Philippines under US administration.
- Ruth ties his record of 29 home runs in a season.
- The Polish Parliament establishes Silesian Voivodeship before the Polish-German plebiscite.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1920 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- That Old Irish Mother of Mine - Charles Harrison
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in July 1920?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?