Friday 15 July 1921
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
The Conquering Power, directed by Rex Ingram, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1921
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 July 1921!
Which were the important events of 15 July 1921 ?
- Saint Vladimir the Great's day (Eastern Orthodox; Roman Catholic)
- Confuflux (Discordianism)
- Saint Swithun's feast day (Anglican Church)
- Japan - Third day of Obon feast period
- Palermo, Sicily - Festival of Santa Rosalia
- Brunei - Birthday of the Sultan and Yang Di-Pertuan of Brunei Darussalam
- Botswana - President's Day
- Saint Donald's feast day
- Brazil - International Men's Day
- Robert Bruce Merrifield: American chemist, Nobel laureate (d. 2006).
- Jack Beeson: American pianist and composer (d. 2010).
- Jean Heywood: English actress.
- Robert Merrifield: American biochemist and academic Nobel Prize laureate (d. 2006).
- Jack Hamilton Beeson: Composer.
- Henri Colpi: Swiss-French critic, film editor, author and director. After studying film editing in Paris, he turned to film journalism as an editor for the magazine "Cine-Digest." In 1947 he edited a critical anthology and in 1950, began his direct involvement with film, editing or directing short subjects. From 1955-1961, he was a close collaborator of Alain Resnais, editing several important films as well as working with Chaplin's controversial, "A King in New York." In 1961 Colpi directed his first full-l
- In Berkshire Hills, Massachusetts, USA a falling meteor starts a fire.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1921 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- You Can't Keep a Good Man Down - Mamie Smith & Her Jazz Hounds
- Scandanavia - Al Jolson
- Whip-Poor-Will - Look for the Silver Lining (Medley) - Vernon Country Club Band
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in July 1921?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?